Thursday, October 24, 2013

Revival?

I think the actual title of this blog should be "Sometimes Writes." I think most blog authors are guilty of just not writing. I've left this blog mostly abandoned for a few reasons, but the primary one is because I really didn't have anything to write about. This was supposed to be a chronicle of my training and eventual racing stories, but I wasn't training and hence not racing. So, the blog stood empty for a very long time.
But, I might be back.
I say "might" because some logistics are in progress, but for all intents and purposes this blog shouldn't stand empty any longer, or at least not suffer from the very random postings that I had tried to do before.
This is a new beginning.
How many times have I written that in the mere 75 previous posts? A lot I think.
However, this time, it really is a new beginning. Not only will I have new guides, and new coaches, but I'm in a new city and trying a new sport. Okay, the city isn't entirely new because I'm back in my hometown, but I've been away so long that it's new enough; in a familiar way.
I've totally thrown out the running idea. In fact, I've scrapped summer sport entirely. I'm making the  big move from environmentally controlled swimming to the out of doors and not in warm temperatures.
I never seem to do things half way.
Forget the bikes and the short shorts. bring in the scarves and fuzzy hats.
Okay, perhaps you don't wear fuzzy hats when training or competing, but I'm sure I'll wear a fuzzy hat at some point.
No more trying to train for three sports and failing. Instead, I am embracing winter sport and attempting to cross country ski,, at top speeds. We'll see how I do.
I skied as a kid and loved it. There's something about gliding that I love. That's why I liked swimming so much and wasn't a fan of running. I never felt any glide. With cross country skiing though, there will be plenty of that-,or so I assume.
To be honest, I really have no clue what I'm doing. I'm just getting started, but the beautiful thing is that it appears that I have the support from the ski club and its members.  I don't know a whole lot of details yet as I'm only in emailing stages, but I have a meeting with one coach next week. So, we'll see how that goes.
In the mean time, I've started my own self inflicted workouts. Nothing too major, but yesterday I used my mom's elliptical for 30 minutes. Today is a skipping and tubing day and tomorrow will be a day off; only to start back on Saturday.
It's a start and I promise that if  this doesn't work out, I'll stop trying to revive this blog and my sporting career. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We appreciate your comments.