Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I Will Go anyway

Some days are easier than others to get up the motivation to get a workout in. I'm not sure why, but today is one of those days where I'd rather not go anywhere. In fact, I'd be quite satisfied sitting on my couch, with a book, drinking tea, snuggled up under a blanket. It's not particularly gross out or anything; it's actually quite nice, but for some reason, my hibernation instincts have kicked in. However, succumbing to these instincts does not lend itself well to progress or improvement.
Some days you are all excited and ready to attack the day's workout. Some days I have my running shoes laced up 45 minutes before I'm even supposed to start; okay, perhaps more figuratively than literally. But my point stands. I'm chomping at the bit to get out there; especially when it's an outside run. I, and probably most other runners, prefer to run outdoors. Treadmills can get boring. Despite today's run being outside, with a supportive group of runners, I don't feel like going.
Today I won't be lacing up early; figuratively or literally. However, I will still go. Sometimes a workout isn't a   struggle because you are running faster or further than you normally do. sometimes the triumph at the end of the practice is that you at least went. I know once I get there, my competitive self will kick in and I will put a good effort in. So, despite being perfectly happy, sitting   on my couch, I will go anyway.

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by. We appreciate your comments.