Thursday, November 1, 2012

365

Happy November 01, everyone.
I'm not entirely sure where October went, but here we are in November already. It was just a month ago that I was sitting on my couch, buried in a puppy pile thinking about my future in sport and my crazy idea was formed.
Now, it is  just 365 days until I will take the first steps of the 600 plus miles towards London.
I can't believe it. I know a year can seem like a life time, but in the grand scheme of life, it really isn't. In the grand scheme of planning a huge fundraising event, it really isn't.
Take it from someone who just planned her wedding two years ago. It seemed like we had all of the time in the world, but in the last few days we were still running around like crazy people, trying to make sure the day was what we wanted.
Of course everything turned out, but I can imagine this challenge being kind of similar. Not only is there logistical planning to do, but there is training and then also the fundraising side of things too.
But, you already know this. I haven't stopped going on and on about "having so much to do."
So what steps have I taken to reduce this load?
Well, I've contacted a few larger companies in the hopes that they will be willing to donate funds/gear/guide runners/whatever they feel like giving. I've been "tweeting" like a mad woman and posting to Facebook about my efforts. I've also been looking for ways to run some simple fundraising events that will help generate funds off line. I've got a few ideas, but the problem is securing a venue that won't cost an arm and a leg. If I'm forking out money to raise money then that seems counter productive. I am also meeting withMiss F tomorrow-guide runner-in order to brain storm some publicity ideas and whatever else she may bring to the table. I'm looking forward to that meeting.
As for my route: I'm still trying to figure that out. I had emailed a local running shop, hoping that they would  be able to at least point me in the right direction, but I have not heard back yet. There was another shop that I contacted to see how much it would be to have custom t-shirts made for my guides and I. I had emailed this shop because they printed on actual running shirts as opposed to cotton t-shirts. Unfortunately, they don't carry sizes small enough for me. So, that idea is out for now. I'll do some more investigating into that eventually, but right now I really want to get this route planning under way as well as fundraising. Oh, and training too.
Today I write this post sitting comfortably on my couch, sandwiched in that puppy pile, but something tells me that the post in 365 days won't be so relaxed, never mind comfy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. We appreciate your comments.